AP Course Offerings
Advanced Placement Course Offerings 2021-2022
AP Calculus AB
Students explore the concepts, methods, and applications of differential and integral calculus. They work to understand the theoretical basis and solve problems by applying their knowledge and skills.
- Determining expressions and values using mathematical procedures and rules
- Connecting representations
- Justifying reasoning and solutions
- Using correct notation, language, and mathematical conventions to communicate
results or solutions
AP English Language and Composition
Students learn about the elements of argument and composition as they develop their critical-reading and writing skills. They read and analyze nonfiction works from various periods and write essays with different aims: for example, to explain an idea, argue a point, or persuade your reader of something.
- Reading closely, analyzing, and interpreting a piece of writing
- Evaluating a source of information
- Gathering and consolidating information from different sources
- Writing an evidence-based argument
- Drafting and revising a piece of writing
AP Environmental Science
Students explore and investigate the interrelationships of the natural world and analyze environmental problems, both natural and human-made.
- Explaining environmental concepts and processes
- Analyzing data, visual representations, and writings
- Applying quantitative methods in solving problems
- Proposing a solution for an environmental problem and supporting your idea
- Analyzing a research study to identify a hypothesis
Students explore the ideas, theories, and methods of the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. They examine the concepts of psychology through reading and discussion and analyze data from psychological research studies.
- Connecting psychological concepts and theories to real-life scenarios
- Understanding and interpreting data
- Analyzing research studies in psychology