Parent Association (PA)
The Parent Association (PA) at The Urban Assembly School for Emergency Management and its members are the most active supporters of our school. The mission of our PA is to advocate for a better education and robust opportunities for all students through parental engagement that is meaningful and can empower families to become activists for their children.
We align our values to those of the National PA:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
By being a parent you automatically become a member of the PTA.
We will be hosting elections for the 2023-24 Parent Association. Reach out to our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Mendez, at [email protected] if you are interested in holding a position on the executive board. We are looking to fill the following roles: