Established in 1903, the Public Schools Athletic League (PSAL) is the longest running scholastic athletic program in the country.
The mission of the PSAL is to provide opportunities for educating students in physical fitness, character development and socialization skills through an athletic program that fosters discipline and sportsmanship across our 25 varsity sports.
Since its inception, PSAL has provided opportunities for over one million New York City students.
As we are a shared campus, all student-athletes in the building compete under Murry Bergtraum High School.
Click here to visit our PSAL profile.
Below are the sports offered at UASEM:
- Flag Football (Girls)
- Baseball Boys
- Basketball (Boys + Girls)
- Cross Country (Boys + Girls)
- Indoor Track (Boys + Girls)
- Outdoor Track (Boys + Girls)
- Lacrosse (Boys)
- Soccer (Boys + Girls)
- Softball (Girls)
- Volleyball (Boys + Girls)
- Wrestling (Boys)
The PSAL (Public School Athletic League) has introduced a new program called "All Access" providing the opportunity for NYCDOE students to participate in all PSAL sports, even if their school does not offer the sport.
- The 5 + 1 Rule: A student must pass five credit bearing subjects and physical education. A senior programmed for 4 or 5 classes who fails one class will be eligible as long as the failed class is not required for graduation.
- The 10 credit Rule: A student must accumulate ten credits for the two semesters prior to the eligibility period, not counting physical education
- Lateness to school/class may result in exclusion from athletics.
- Cutting class will result in exclusion from athletics.
- You are no longer eligible after your 8th term of high school or if you turn 19 years of age before July 1 of that school year.